Thursday, July 1, 2010

The New

I have belittled my mind while being with you
I have belittled my vocabulary
And I speak simple emotions

I have been belittled
And simplified
After all these months of knowing you

My mind has narrowed
And I have learned to think less
Or think simple
Or even not to think at all
- This last one ought to be a really big deal a big achievement

Instead I mourn the lost complexity
I long for delays for days of uncertainty
Even though I do not long for you
- since you’re always within –
I still long for you

I long for you
With a quiet longing
Because secretly
Just a while ago
I have developed something new and exciting
Like an extra limb
The fifth one
That I cannot see
Nor touch
Because my two eyes look only forward
And my two hands move only to the front

I have belittled myself
Through our simple connection
That has deep within
Grown an extra limb –

A limb of care
Of belonging
Of nurture

The limb of love

No comments:

Post a Comment